Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Final Progress Report


The poster above shows the finished product of my semester long project for the Pittstown Historical Society.  This society requested that I take a number of their historic Farmsteads and digitalize them into professional maps.  The poster illustrates the time and effort put into making this vision a reality.  It includes an introduction to the Pittstown Historical Society, an objective, methodology, the digitalization process, data sources, and results for creating the digitalized maps, as well as two finished products (Howard and Auclair).  I have gained much knowledge and experience doing this project and working for a real client.  Doing this project allowed me to apply my GIS knowledge in a real world situation, and witness what hard work and commitment can create.  This project was definitely an assignment that I enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment